Offering direct support to those displaced by conflict, especially if Lincolnshire were to offer hospitality to those in need.
Examples so far include…
- Collecting clothing to be taken to those in need in Syria.
- Providing financial support to a paediatric nurse to go as part of a team to work in Lesvos to set up a specialist medical facility for children.
- Pledges offered at the 200 for 200 Vigil
- Raising funds to support refugees both near and far.
- Collections at Christmas services to support the Diocese of Jerusalem in education and medical projects that include refugees from Syria-Iraq.
- Fund-raising musical evening at Eastgate Union to raise funds for ‘For Refugees’.